Alzheimer’s and Other Dementia Memory Care Services
More joy through specialized memory care.
Memory Care Services at John Knox Village
Caring for a loved one struggling with Alzheimer’s or other form of dementia is among the most challenging health situations a family can face. We understand the journey, and we can help your loved one age with dignity.
At Majestic Oaks at John Knox Village in Orange City, our trained memory care staff understands the emotional complexities behind memory loss. Our team members take time to get to know each resident personally. We develop close personal relationships with your loved one, creating consistency and familiarity that reduces stress and helps them thrive.
Majestic Oaks provides furnished private and semiprivate rooms, each equipped with cable and telephone. Residents and family members are welcome to decorate with personal pictures, favorite furniture and other beloved items to create a more emotionally comfortable environment.
Memory Care amenities:
- Progressive and rewarding Memory Care Music Program
- Secure, spacious, landscaped courtyards
- Three dining areas
- Sitting areas
- Thoughtfully organized activities designed for success
- Eight validation areas, including a dressmaker’s nook, garage/workshop, beauty shop, sports room, music area, general store, nursery and schoolroom
To find out if memory care at John Knox Village is ideal for someone you love, please contact us at the bottom of the page.
Memory Care Certifications:
We dedicate each day to enriching the lives of our residents. As part of our commitment to your loved one, staff members receive ongoing training in working with individuals with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia or memory loss. Certifications include:
- National Certification Council for Activity Professionals (NCCAP)
- Activity Director Certified (ADC)
- National Council Certified Dementia Practitioners (NCCDP)
- Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP)
- Certified Dementia Care Manager (CDCM)
- Certified Alzheimer Disease and Dementia Care Trainer (CADDCT)
- International Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (ICCDP)
- Certified Montessori Dementia Care Professional (CMDCP)
- Music & Memory®
- Certified Care Community/Organization
Frequently asked questions about memory care.
Memory loss, whether from Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, affects more than just the individual. At John Knox Village, memory care is provided at Majestic Oaks, right here on our campus. We work with individuals, family members and caregivers, searching for the right balance of dignity and care. Our thoughtful layout reduces confusion and provides complete around-the-clock security. With special programs designed for those with memory loss, memory care at John Knox Village enables pleasant and peaceful days.
Yes. Staff members are specially trained in person-centered memory care. And these special caregivers carry with them a compassionate temperament and passion for providing dignified, respectful memory care to individuals and their families.
Staff certifications include:
- WCC – Wound Care Certified
- IP-BC – Infection Prevention Board Certified
- CADDCT – Certified Alzheimer’s Disease & Dementia Care Trainer
At John Knox Village, memory care services are offered in Majestic Oaks, our skilled nursing neighborhood. If your loved one’s needs change, we’re equipped to enhance the level of care seamlessly. It’s part of our continuum of care that helps us serve residents and their families at the highest level.