Due to the extremely high COVID-19 positivity rate in Volusia County, John Knox Village has mandated that all employees regardless of vaccination status wear a well-fitting mask when in any indoor public place or when there is potential to come in contact with a resident. This includes wearing a mask in all common areas, dining venues, and resident homes.
Staff in close contact with each other will also be required to wear a mask. This includes when riding in a vehicle or golf cart on campus with another person. In addition to requiring staff to wear a mask when on campus in close contact with others, we have also asked that all staff take precautions when off campus to protect themselves, their families and our residents by wearing masks in when any indoor public space.
We recommend that per the most recent Centers for Disease Control guidelines that our residents also wear a mask when in an indoor public space such as all common areas, dining venues, the Scoop, bank, beauty shop, and when visiting other resident homes.
In an effort to reduce our community’s exposure, please be cognizant of the vaccination status of anyone visiting your home from outside the village and the length of time they will be staying with you.
We are currently investigating booster vaccines for residents and staff and will provide more information as it becomes available to us.
John Knox Village will be extending the meal credit through December 31, 2021.
As the positivity rate in Volusia County continues to rise, continue to be diligent to protect yourself and others from the spread of COVID-19 regardless of whether you have been vaccinated:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick and avoid contact with people in poor health.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- If you are not feeling well for any reason, or are exhibiting signs or symptoms of any illness including COVID-19, call the resident nurse at extension 1407.
We will be holding the next Live Chat with Joe on Thursday, August 5.