Protective Actions Taken
April 1, 2020 – 4:00 p.m.
• This afternoon, Governor Ron DeSantis issued a “Stay at Home” order for Florida to limit the spread of the Coronavirus. The executive order directs all Floridians to limit movements and personal interactions outside of the home to only those necessary to obtain or provide essential services or activities. Essential activities include going to the grocery store, gas station, health care facilities or pharmacies. The order will go into effect Thursday, April 2 at midnight, and will be in effect for at least the next 30 days.
• John Knox Village is asking all residents with scheduled doctors’ visits to call and confirm the visit. Many offices are cancelling, rescheduling or changing visits to tele-medicine visits in order to reduce contact with other people. If your physician’s office requests to change your in-person visit to a tele-medicine visit and you need assistance setting up the call, please contact extension 1413.
• When out in the Village utilizing the walking paths, Central Bark, and other common areas, please maintain proper social distancing of at least 6 feet between you and others.
• If you are not feeling well, regardless of the symptoms, please contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.
• When picking up your meal order, you discover that it is not complete, please call extension 1306 or extension 1307 and we will get the missing item to you.
• Please maintain vigilance in practicing frequent and thorough hand washing, avoid touching your face, and make sure to clean and wipe down frequently touched surfaces.
• Make sure to tune in to KNOX TV tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. for our weekly live Chat with Joe Trainor. Questions from residents will be answered during the broadcast. Phone and email address for sending your questions can be found on the resident portal.