Based on today’s updates from the Centers for Disease Control, JKVs social distancing policy has been updated and can be found on the resident portal. All large resident events have been cancelled and we are requesting that you stay away from gatherings of 10 or more people.
Please continue to be diligent in practicing hand hygiene by washing your hands frequently with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. We continue to emphasize to staff members the importance washing their hands often; and we are checking to ensure that staff regularly wash their hands. In addition, high traffic areas will be disinfected regularly.
Over the next couple of weeks as we continue to monitor COVID-19 throughout the state and our local area, we are requesting that residents consider reducing or eliminating visitors from outside the village in order to reduce our community’s exposure to the virus.
As a further precautionary measure, please also consider reducing off-campus visits, with the exception of necessary trips to your physician or to the grocery store. When it is necessary to visit areas outside the village, please wash your hands frequently and maintain appropriate social distancing with others as well as with large crowds of people.
Screening Procedure Changes:
The following changes have been made to the screening process. Along with continuing to check temperatures at the gate house, the screening questions have been revised to:
- Any person infected with COVID-19 who has not had two consecutive negative test results separated by 24 hours will not be permitted access to JKV.
- Any person showing, presenting signs or symptoms of, disclosing the presence of a respiratory infection, including cough, fever, shortness, or breath, or sore throat will not be permitted access to JKV.
- Any person who has been in contact with any person(s) know to be infected with COVID-19 will not be permitted access to JKV.
- Any person who traveled through any airport within the past 14 days will not be permitted access to JKV.
- Any person who has traveled on a cruise ship within the last 14 days will not be permitted access to JKV.
Residents that meet the above criteria should contact the resident nurse at 775-3840, ext 1413 for instructions on self-quarantining.
Visitation to Oak View Suites and Majestic Oaks:
As a precautionary measure, visitation to Majestic Oaks and Oak View Suites continues to be limited to essential personnel only. All outside groups, volunteer groups, and outside trips except to physician offices have been canceled.
For the most up-to-date information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19), visit the following resources: