Protective Actions Taken
March 27, 2020 – 5:30 p.m.
• Thank you to all of our residents for your patience and understanding as you went through today’s meal distribution line.
• Tomorrow, when you pick up your meals, please make sure to also pick up your personalized dash board sign. The signs will assist in speeding up distribution of meals. If you are picking meals up for a friend or neighbor, please make sure to pick up their sign as well. Each sign will be laminated for re-use.
• When picking up meals, it is not necessary to check your bags to verify contents. Cooked and vegetarian meals will be in black bottomed containers that you can see through the bags. Sandwich meals will be in Styrofoam containers.
• Coffee stations will continue to be set up in the main lobby as well as the hallway by Oak Tree Grill.
• Today was the last day for housekeeping services in cottages, villas and apartments. They will not be providing cleaning services next week to individual units.
• Starting next week, maintenance will only be addressing essential, life safety issues.
• In the interest of continuing to limit risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus, we are requesting that independent living residents do not have visitors from outside the Village. Deliveries for food, medicines and other essential items will be allowed. All delivery people will be screened at the gate. Please notify security in advance if you are expecting a delivery.
• The Scoop will be open from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. daily with extra stock available. If there is an item that you would like that is not currently being carried, we will make every effort to special order for you.
• Please remember to keep appropriate distance between you and others when visiting the Scoop as well as other common areas of the Village.
• Transportation will no longer be making trips outside of the Village, with the exception of physician office visits. If your physician’s office requests to change your in-person visit to a tele-medicine visit and you need assistance setting up the call, please contact extension 1413.
• The Barker Center will be locked this evening and over the weekend in order to clean, sanitize and stage meal distribution for the next day’s service.
• Please maintain vigilance in practicing frequent and thorough hand washing, make sure to clean and wipe down frequently touched surfaces.