Protective Actions Taken
Date: 9/27/2022 10:00 a.m.
Hurricane Ian Update #2
Hurricane Ian is currently located 10 miles north/northeast of Pinar del Rio Cuba and 130 miles south/southwest of the Dry Tortugas. Ian is moving at 12 miles per hour with maximum sustained winds of 125 mph.
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for Bonita Beach to the Anclote River, including Tampa Bay. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Lower Florida Keys from Seven Mile Bridge westward to Key West, Lake Okeechobee, Flamingo to Bonita Beach, Suwannee River to the Anclote River and Volusia/Brevard County Line south to Jupiter Inlet.
- If you have medical equipment such as an oxygen machine that needs to have access to electricity please contact the resident nurse at extension 1407 to make arrangements to relocate to a different location within the village.
- If you are on oxygen, please reach out to your supplier to make sure that you have enough to last for the next 7 days.
- Oak Park Pharmacy will close at 5 p.m. today. If you need to have a prescription filled, please contact the pharmacy this morning.
- We will begin relocating resident vehicles to the resident gardens/Sportsplex area today from noon until 4 p.m. Transportation will be available to take you home after moving your car.
- If you have any outdoor furniture or garden decorations that need to be brought into your residence or secured closer to your residence, please begin to do so. JKV staff members will be driving through the Village to assist in securing these items.
- If you have not already done so, please make sure that you have a supply of bottled water (1 gallon per person, per day), non-perishable food items, prescription medications, over-the-counter medications and pain relievers, toiletries such as toothpaste, toothbrush, toilet paper, and pet supplies.
Changes to Operations and Hours of Service:
- Fitness classes have been canceled for Wednesday and Thursday. We will update residents should we need to extend the cancellation of classes.
- There will not be a recycling pickup on Wednesday as we continue to prepare for the approaching storm.
- Trash pickup will take place on Friday depending on the location of the storm and the impact on the community.
- The Valencia Landing Clubhouse will be closed starting at noon on Wednesday. We will announce when it has re-opened.
- Bay dining will close at 2 p.m. on Wednesday and will remain closed until the storm has passed. We will announce when it is open again for dining.
- Please make sure to locate and test your strobe lights. Should your residence lose power and you need assistance, place the strobe light in your window or by your mailbox.