Protective Actions Taken
Date: 9/27/2022 5:00 p.m.
Hurricane Ian Update #4
Hurricane Ian is growing stronger in the southeastern Gulf of Mexico. Ian is currently located 265 miles south of Sarasota and 85 miles south/southwest of the Dry Tortugas. The hurricane is traveling at 10 mph with maximum sustained winds of 120 mph.
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for Bonita Beach to Anclote River, including Tampa Bay. A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for Marineland to the mouth of the St. Mary’s River and the St. Johns River. A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for South of Marineland to the Volusia/Flagler county line.
- If you have medical equipment such as an oxygen machine that needs to have access to electricity please contact the resident nurse at extension 1407 to make arrangements to relocate to a different location within the village.
- If you have prescription medication that needs to be refrigerated, you can take it to the resident nurse to store in her office.
- If you have not already done so, please make sure that you have a supply of bottled water (1 gallon per person, per day), non-perishable food items, prescription medications, over-the-counter medications and pain relievers, toiletries such as toothpaste, toothbrush, toilet paper, and pet supplies.
- If you have a Sentrics home phone line and would like to forward it to your cell phone for the duration of the storm, Dial *72, then your cell number from your home phone line. To cancel call forwarding, your phone, dial *73 from your home phone line.
Changes to Operations and Hours of Service:
- Should wind speeds exceed 30 mph residents should remain in their homes. We will provide notice of when to stay in as well as when it is clear to leave your home.
- All dining venues including SH Cranes and the Grill will be closed on Wednesday at 5 p.m.
- Curbside meal service will stop at 2 p.m. on Wednesday.
- We will provide updates from Dining Services on revised meal services and times in tomorrow’s update.
- Housekeeping will be canceled on Thursday and Friday.
- The resident events and activities scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday have been canceled or postponed. Updates with revised dates will be provided.
- Fitness classes have been canceled for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. We will update residents should we need to extend the cancellation of classes.
- There will not be a recycling pickup on Wednesday as we continue to prepare for the approaching storm.
- Trash pickup will take place on Friday depending on the location of the storm and the impact on the community.
- The Valencia Landing Clubhouse will be closed starting at noon on Wednesday. We will announce when it has re-opened.
- Bay dining will close at 2 p.m. on Wednesday and will remain closed until the storm has passed. We will announce when it is open again for dining.