Date: 9/30/2022 10:00 a.m.
Hurricane Ian Update #8
Ian is currently located 105 miles south/southeast of Charleston, South Carolina and 185 miles south/southwest of Cape Fear, North Carolina. He is moving at 9 mph with maximum sustained winds of 85 mph. A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for Flagler/Volusia County Line Florida to Cape Fear North Carolina.
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for Savannah River to Cape Fear North Carolina.
- Power should be restored later today.
- Friends and neighbors living along Florabunda Circle have been displaced due to flooding. We are currently working to relocate them within the Village. We appreciate everyone’s patience and cooperation while our relocation efforts take place.
- We currently have two teams working on the north and south side of the Village cleaning up debris and fallen trees to make our roads and sidewalks safe to use.
- Additional crews have also been brought in to assist with larger trees that fell during the storm. Please stay clear of the crews working to clear up trees and debris.
- Please use extreme caution if you plan to leave your cottage to dine in the Grill or SH Cranes. Some Village roads may be blocked with debris or may be flooded.
- Please continue to take caution. If you need assistance, please place your strobe light in your front window or by your front door.
- Dining hours will continue through the weekend:
- Lunch and dinner will be served buffet style in SH Cranes from noon to 5 p.m.
- Breakfast will be served in the Grill from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- The pool and spa at the Centre are open.
- Housekeeping will be by to clean refrigerators
- If you had any ice in your refrigerator, make sure to dump the ice/water in your sinks before making new ice.
- Thank you for your continued patience as we evaluate the condition of the community.