Tropical Storm Nicole is intensifying and is expected to become a hurricane on Wednesday. Tropical Strom Nicole is currently located 395 miles east of West Palm Beach, Florida. A Hurricane Warning is in effect for Boca Raton to Flagler/Volusia County Line Florida.
- If you have medical equipment such as an oxygen machine that needs to have access to electricity please contact the resident nurse at extension 1407 to make arrangements to relocate to a different location within the village.
- If you are on oxygen, please reach out to your supplier to make sure that you have enough to last for the next 7 days.
- Oak Park Pharmacy will be open tomorrow for regular business hours. If you need to have a prescription filled, please contact the pharmacy tomorrow morning.
- Voluntary relocation of resident vehicles will take place at the resident garden area from 8 a.m until noon tomorrow.
- If you have any outdoor furniture or garden decorations that need to be brought into your residence or secured closer to your residence, please begin to do so. JKV staff members will be driving through the Village to assist in securing these items.
- If you have not already done so, please make sure that you have a supply of bottled water (1 gallon per person, per day), non-perishable food items, prescription medications, over-the-counter medications and pain relievers, toiletries such as toothpaste, toothbrush, toilet paper, and pet supplies.
Changes to Operations and Hours of Service:
- We expect to experience severe weather to last approximately 24 hours. JKV staff will be on property overnight on Wednesday.
- Volusia County has issued an emergency countywide curfew which will be in effect from 7 p.m. Wednesday through 7 a.m. Thursday.
- Services such as housekeeping and transportation will be determined based on the weather severity.
- If you have a scheduled doctor’s appointment, it is recommended that you call and confirm whether or not it has been canceled. Many businesses in Volusia County are closing starting midafternoon on Wednesday.
- Dining at SH Cranes, The Grill and Valencia Landing will continue as scheduled as long as the weather allows.
- All on-campus activities will continue as planned, weather permitting.
- Office campus activities have been canceled, please check with resident services if you have a question relating to off-campus events and activities.
- Please make sure to locate and test your strobe lights. Should your residence lose power and you need assistance, place the strobe light in your window or by your mailbox.
- The vaccine clinic will continue on Thursday, weather permitting. If you have an appointment but are unable to attend due to poor weather, you will be able to still have your shot Thursday afternoon or on Tuesday. Staff will be available to administer the shots. There is no need to reschedule your appointment.