Currently located 135 miles east of West Palm Beach, Tropical Storm Nicole is moving west at 13 mph with maximum sustained winds of 70 mph. Nicole is a large tropical storm with tropical-storm-force winds extending outward up to 485 miles from the center, especially to the north of the center of the storm.
Tropical Storm Nicole is bringing dangerous storm surges and strong winds to Grand Bahama Island. Nicole is expected to make a turn toward the east-northwest tonight, followed by a turn toward the northwest on Thursday, and north or north-northeast on Friday.
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for Boca Raton to Flagler/Volusia County Line Florida. Nicole is forecast to become a hurricane before it reaches the east coast of Florida tonight.
- Volusia County has issued an emergency countywide curfew which will be in effect from 7 p.m. tonight through 7 a.m. Thursday.
- The vaccine clinic will continue on Thursday, weather permitting. If you have an appointment but are unable to attend due to poor weather, you will be able to still have your shot Thursday afternoon or on Tuesday. Staff will be available to administer the shots. There is no need to reschedule your appointment.
- Make sure to close your screen doors if you have them propped open.
- If you have any questions or need to contact staff, the main phone number 386.775.3840 will be monitored during the duration of the storm.
- Should we lose power and you need assistance, place the strobe light in your window or by your mailbox.
Changes to Operations and Hours of Service:
- Dining at SH Cranes, The Grill and Valencia Landing will continue as scheduled as long as the weather allows.
- Intra Village Transportation will be available while it is safe to drive. Call 775.3840 ext 5000. Please be patient with call wait times.
- Bingo has been cancelled for Wednesday, November 9.
- All activities on Thursday, November 10 will be cancelled until noon.
- Fitness classes are cancelled for Thursday, November 10.
- Shopping on Thursday is cancelled.
- Security patrols will continue tonight and will run while it is safe to drive.