John Knox Village is in the process of vaccinating residents and employees of Majestic Oaks. Booster vaccinations for Majestic Oaks will take place on January 12 and 13.
We have been contacted by Walgreens to establish a COVID Vaccination Clinic for Oak View Suites as well as our Independent Living residents, but no date has been set yet.
All residents participating in the COVID Vaccination Clinic will need to complete a Vaccine Administration Record Informed Consent form. The two page form can be found on the resident portal’s COVID-19 page. A copy will also be included in the Village Weekly. Additional forms will be available at the Administration window.
The completed forms can be dropped off at administration starting Monday, January 4 at 9 a.m. Residents will need to bring their driver’s license or state issued ID and insurance card(s) with the form.
The Vaccine Administration Record Informed Consent will also need to be completed again prior to the second dose.
When completing the Walgreens Vaccine Administration Record (VAR) Informed Consent for Vaccination in Long Term Care Facility (LTCF), follow these instructions:
• Section A-1: Complete
• Section A-2: Print your name & sign name – DO NOT date the form
• Section B-1: Questions 2 – 6, complete. Do Not Answer Question #1
• Section B-2: Sign name and date
• Section C: Complete Insurance information
• Section D: DO NOT COMPLETE
• Section E: DO NOT COMPLETE
• Section F: DO NOT COMPLETE
Instructions for residents that are Option 1 or currently under quarantine will be provided for turning in the form as well as administering the vaccine.
It is unclear at this time what vaccine we will be receiving (ie Pfizer, Moderna). Residents and staff participating in the COVID Vaccination Clinic:
- Will be required to wear a mask
- Wear clothing that will allow access to the upper arm where the vaccine will be administered
- Will be required to stay at the vaccination clinic site for a period of 15 minutes for observation after the vaccine is administered
- Will receive an immunization card and will be given the date for the second dose
Stay safe and healthy in 2021!
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick and avoid contact with people in poor health.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
It is critical, if you are not feeling well for any reason, please contact the resident nurse immediately at extension 1407, the gatehouse, or use your pull cord.