In recent days, John Knox Village of Central Florida has seen multiple cases of COVID-19 exposure on campus. The exposure is attributed to incidences where residents have had family members on campus for visits over the holidays.
If you recently had visitors to your home over the holidays, please contact them to see if they are exhibiting any signs or symptoms of illness. We also ask that you closely monitor yourself for any signs or symptoms of illness of any kind.
The Volusia County Positivity Rate is 15.36%. Volusia County is advising residents to wear a mask in public, indoor settings. Mask requirements might vary from place to place. Make sure you follow local laws, rules, regulations or guidance.
- We have 0 residents that are hospitalized related to COVID-19
- We currently have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation in independent living
- We currently have 7 residents in quarantine in Independent Living
- We are monitoring 6 addresses in Independent Living for potential exposure or symptom development
- We have 0 residents in IL that have recovered from COVID-19 since our last update
- We have had 0 residents pass away due to COVID-19 since our last update
- We have 2 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation at MO
- We currently have 94 residents in quarantine at MO
- We current have 1 resident in quarantine at OV
- We currently have 2 residents at MO on isolation
- We currently have 0 residents at OV on isolation
- We have 0 residents at MO that have recovered from COVID-19
- We have had 0 residents pass away from COVID-19 since our last update
- We currently have 13 employees that have tested positive
- 7 Health care
- 1 Health care support staff (not providing direct care)
- 5 Non Health Care staff
- We currently have 9 employees potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/on leave
- We have 0 staff members currently hospitalized with COVID-19
With the recent surge in coronavirus cases in the state of Florida, as well as within Volusia County and within our Village, it is encouraged that all residents resume wearing facemasks when in common areas or within close proximity to others.
If you have recently had visitors to your home, please proceed with extreme caution when around others.
Protect yourself from the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wear a mask anytime you are in a resident area which includes but is not limited to a resident home, dining areas, hallways, activity areas, or any other common area as well as anytime you are in the same area as residents. The mask should cover your mouth and your nose at all times.
If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.
- The Scoop will be closed on Saturday, January 1 and will reopen for normal business hours on Sunday, January 2.
- The dining venues will be operating holiday hours on Saturday, January 1 and on Sunday, January 2:
- SH Cranes from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Grill from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Bay Dining Room will be re-opening on Tuesday, January 4 with an Italian themed menu.
- Oak Tree Grill will be adding additional breakfast items to their menu beginning on Tuesday, January 4.
- Please remember to pick up after your pets, and to keep your pets on a leash when in common areas.
Events and Activities:
- The Eyeglass Lady on Saturday, January 1 is canceled.
- Resident Art Exhibit applications are available on the Portal. Completed applications can be returned to Karen Yaris.
- There are 6 tickets available to drive yourself to the Glenn Miller Orchestra at the Brannon Center on Tuesday, January 18. Call Lisa at ext. 1202 for more information.
- The Ad Valorem that was inserted in the Village Weekly should be turned in to Administration before January 28, 2022. The Ad Valorem can also be downloaded from the portal.
- The Village Notables & Friends Christmas Concert will replay next week. See the Knox-TV schedule for dates and times.