The Volusia County Positivity Rate was 3.1% as of March 25. The Volusia County Dashboard is now being updated every two weeks by the Florida Department of Health.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, even those that you believe to be allergies, we ask that you quarantine yourself in your home. If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.
- With the recent announcement from the CDC on the approval of a fourth booster for the COVID-19 vaccine, John Knox Village is working on acquiring booster vaccines to host an on-site clinic. We will provide additional information as it becomes available.
Should you choose to get a vaccine from a healthcare provider outside of John Knox Village, please provide vaccine documentation to the administrative offices so that we can update your records.
- The following addresses on Florabunda are scheduled to have appliances and other John Knox Village assets audited the week of April 5 through April 9 by a JKV maintenance team member. For questions, contact the Maintenance office at 386-775-3840 ext. 2. If you would like to be present during the audit, please contact maintenance for a time frame when you will be available.
- Work is scheduled to be done on the roofs at 2A, 2B, and 4 Sweetgum Court on Monday, April 4, weather permitting. The roofs at 15, 16, 17, and 18 Sweetgum Drive are scheduled to be worked on beginning April 4 and running through April 8.
Events and Activities:
- The Masters’ Golf Tournament, sponsored by the Employee Appreciation Fund originally scheduled to begin on Friday, April 1 has been delayed due to the high chance of rain. We will begin the tournament on Thursday, April 7 with the following adjusted tee times:
- Players originally scheduled to play at 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. please join us at the Sportsplex at 9 a.m.
- Players originally scheduled to play at 11 a.m. please join us at the Sportsplex at 10 a.m.
- Players originally scheduled to play at noon please join us at the Sportsplex at 11 a.m.
- Registration is open for Spiritual Deepening, a contemplative prayer group for anyone seeking to go deeper in their spiritual journey. The session is a journey into greater self-awareness and inner transformation leading to a deeper union with the Ultimate Mystery-God. For more information, contact Pamala Gregg.
- Join us for Nighttime Bingo, Wednesdays at 7 p.m. in the Barker Center Auditorium!
- Books on Wheels, an outreach of the JKV Library Committee is looking for volunteers to assist in taking a cart of books and puzzles to the Audubon-Bay Lobby each Wednesday morning from 9:40 to 11:40 a.m. Contact Sheilah Tolpin if interested or for more information.
- Save the Date for the Village Notables Spring Concert on Friday, April 22, and Saturday, April 23 at 7 p.m. The Notables will be joined by the Village Voices for an evening of musical memories from Bach to Rock! You won’t want to miss this evening of free entertainment.