Village Update: Protective Actions Taken
August 27, 2021, 4:00 p.m.
The Volusia County Positivity Rate is 22.6% for the week of Aug 13-August 19.
Events and Activity Updates:
- The Scoop will be open from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, August 28 and will be closed on Sunday, Aug 29.
- The Gift Shop will remain closed until Monday, September 13.
- Participation in on-campus group activities has been restricted to 10 as of Thursday, August 19th
- No visitors are allowed in common areas.
2021 Resident Satisfaction Survey:
Make sure to complete the 2021 resident satisfaction survey. A link can be found on the Announcement page on the Portal (DO NOT print the survey from the Portal.) A paper copy can be picked up from Main Reception in The Centre or the Activities Desk at the Barker Center. Please return it to the Administration Dropbox located at The Centre. One per person. Surveys submitted as a couple will not be included. Deadline for completion is Wednesday, September 6.
- We have 0 residents that are hospitalized related to COVID-19 (IL resident)
- We currently have 5 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation in independent living
- We currently have 6 residents in quarantine in Independent Living
- We are monitoring 4 addresses in Independent Living for potential exposure or symptom development
- We have 3 residents in IL that have recovered from COVID-19 since our last update
- We have had no residents pass away due to COVID-19 since our last update
- We have 2 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation at MO
- We currently have 25 residents in quarantine at MO (potential exposure to a positive staff member)
- We current have 0 residents in quarantine at OV
- We currently have 37 resident at MO on isolation (testing negative but showing signs and symptoms on one of the impacted units)
- We currently have 0 residents at OV on isolation
- We have 2 residents at MO that have recovered from COVID-19
- We have had 1 resident pass away from COVID-19 since our last update
- We currently have 9 employees that have tested positive
- 6 health care (2 of which had not been in our facilities for more than 14 days prior to positive)
- 1 health care support staff (not providing direct care)
- 2 non health care staff
- We currently have 12 employees potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/on leave
- We have 1 staff members currently hospitalized with COVID-19
Vaccinations as of 08/27:
- We currently have 269 of 508 employees vaccinated for a 53.8%
- We have an additional 19 employees who have completed their first dose bringing the total to 56.69%
- We continue to offer vaccines twice monthly at a minimum
Protect yourself from the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wear a mask anytime you are in a resident area which includes but is not limited to a resident home, dining areas, hallways, activity areas, or any other common area as well as anytime you are in the same area as residents. The mask should cover your mouth and your nose at all times.
If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.