The Volusia County Positivity Rate is 4.3% for the week of December 3 – December 9.
- We have 0 residents that are hospitalized related to COVID-19
- We currently have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation
- We currently have 0 residents in quarantine
- We are monitoring 0 addresses for potential exposure or symptom development
- We have 0 residents that have recovered from COVID-19 since our last update
- We have had 0 residents pass away due to COVID-19 since our last update
- We have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation at MO
- We currently have 4 residents in quarantine at MO (potential exposure to a positive staff or resident)
- We currently have 0 residents in quarantine at OV
- We currently have 0 residents at MO on isolation (testing negative but showing signs and symptoms on one of the impacted units)
- We currently have 0 residents at OV on isolation
- We have 0 residents at MO that have recovered from COVID-19
- We have had 0 residents pass away from COVID-19 since our last update
- We currently have 0 employees that have tested positive
- 0 Health care
- 0 Health care support staff (not providing direct care)
- 0 Non Health Care staff
- We currently have 1 employee potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/on leave
- We have 0 staff members currently hospitalized with COVID-19
Vaccinations as of 12/9/2021
- We currently have 352 of 501 employees vaccinated for a total of 70.3%.
- We have an additional 32 employees who have completed their first dose bringing the total to 76.7%
- In total since becoming a vaccine provider John Knox Village has provided 898 doses of COVID Vaccine and 408 dose of Influenza Vaccine
COVID Boosters and Flu Shots:
If you are still in need of a Flu shot or COVID booster (Any brand), contact Nicole at Ext. 1022.
We do offer an egg free influenza vaccine as well. We will offer pneumonia vaccine clinics in January. If you would like to know your pneumonia vaccine status or would like to be placed on a roster to receive the vaccine, please contact Nicole at Ext 1022.
Protect yourself from the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.
- For your safety please refrain from driving or walking through the Valencia Landing construction areas. In order to ensure that all residents and visitors refrain from visiting the construction zone, Security will be patrolling after hours and on the weekends. We look forward to welcoming everyone to the new Clubhouse in January 2022.
- The recycling crew is in need of two new members to take over recycle pick-up on Mondays beginning in 2022. Call resident Lonnie Rix for more details.
- The Powerpoint Q&A from Sentrics has been posted to the Portal along with the presentation with the John Knox Village Channel Lineup.
- If you have not completed the Sentrics Service Request form, you can download it from the portal. Please return completed forms to administration prior to December 31.
Events and Activities:
- Once again Maple Court will be lighting the luminaries and lining their cul de sac on Christmas (weather permitting). You are invited to drive through any time after dark. Please turn your lights off as you enter the street.
- Join us in the back of the Bay restaurant to help put the finishing touches on the new Valencia wine list. We will be sampling Sauvignon Blancs, Pinot Grigios and Chianti Classicos. The charge for the event is $5 and attendance is limited to 20 people.