Village Update: Protective Actions Taken
The positivity rate for new cases within the state of Florida was 13.8% for the week of December 17 – December 23, 2021. The states positivity rate more than doubled from the previous week. The Volusia County positivity rate is 7.00% for the week of December 17-December 23.
In recent days, John Knox Village of Central Florida has seen multiple cases of COVID-19 exposure on campus. The exposure is attributed to incidences where residents have had family members on campus for visits over the holidays.
If you recently had visitors to your home over the holidays, please contact them to see if they are exhibiting any signs or symptoms of illness. We also ask that you closely monitor yourself for any signs or symptoms of illness of any kind.
- We have 0 residents that are hospitalized related to COVID-19
- We currently have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation in independent living
- We currently have 3 residents in quarantine in Independent Living
- We are monitoring 3 addresses in Independent Living for potential exposure or symptom development
- We have 0 residents in IL that have recovered from COVID-19 since our last update
- We have had 0 residents pass away due to COVID-19 since our last update
- We have 1 resident positive for COVID-19 in isolation at MO
- We currently have 70 residents in quarantine at MO
- We current have 1 resident in quarantine at OV
- We currently have 1 resident at MO on isolation
- We currently have 0 residents at OV on isolation
- We have 0 residents at MO that have recovered from COVID-19
- We have had 0 residents pass away from COVID-19 since our last update
- We currently have 6 employees that have tested positive
- 3 Health care
- 2 Health care support staff (not providing direct care)
- 1 Non Health Care staff
- We currently have 6 employees potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/on leave
- We have 0 staff members currently hospitalized with COVID-19
With the recent surge in coronavirus cases in the state of Florida, as well as within Volusia County and within our Village, it is encouraged that all residents resume wearing facemasks when in common areas or within close proximity to others.
If you have recently had visitors to your home, please proceed with extreme caution when around others.
Protect yourself from the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wear a mask anytime you are in a resident area which includes but is not limited to a resident home, dining areas, hallways, activity areas, or any other common area as well as anytime you are in the same area as residents. The mask should cover your mouth and your nose at all times.
If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.