The Volusia County Positivity Rate is 3.86% for the week of November 26-December 2
• We have 0 residents that are hospitalized related to COVID-19
• We currently have 1 resident positive for COVID-19 in isolation
• We currently have 1 resident in quarantine
• We are monitoring 1 address for potential exposure or symptom development
• We have 0 residents that have recovered from COVID-19 since our last update
• We have had 0 residents pass away due to COVID-19 since our last update
• We have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation at MO
• We currently have 8 residents in quarantine at MO (potential exposure to a positive staff or resident)
• We currently have 0 residents in quarantine at OV
• We currently have 0 residents at MO on isolation (testing negative but showing signs and symptoms on one of the impacted units)
• We currently have 0 residents at OV on isolation
• We have 0 residents at MO that have recovered from COVID-19
• We have had 0 resident pass away from COVID-19 since our last update
• We currently have 0 employees that have tested positive
– 0 Health care
– 0 Health care support staff (not providing direct care)
– 0 Non Health Care staff
• We currently have 2 employees potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/on leave
• We have 0 staff members currently hospitalized with COVID-19
Vaccinations as of 12/3/2021
• We currently have 334 of 487 employees vaccinated for a total of 68.0%.
• We have an additional 33 employees who have completed their first dose bringing the total to 75%
• In total since becoming a vaccine provider John Knox Village has provided 898 doses of COVID Vaccine and 390 dose of Influenza Vaccine
COVID Boosters and Flu Shots:
If you are still in need of a Flu shot or COVID booster (Any brand), contact Nicole at Ext. 1022.
We do offer an egg free influenza vaccine as well. We will offer pneumonia vaccine clinics in January. If you would like to know your pneumonia vaccine status or would like to be placed on a roster to receive the vaccine, please contact Nicole at Ext 1022.
Protect yourself from the spread of COVID-19:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.
• The John Knox Village pool has re-opened.
Events and Activities:
• Christmas Dinner Reservations will begin on Monday, December 6 at 10 a.m. in the Barker Center. A drop box will be provided for each venue with sign-up slips. You will be contacted throughout the day on Wednesday, December 8 to confirm your reservation. Please note there will not be an employee taking reservations. You will not need to stand in line, just simply fill out the slip, drop in the box and wait for a call to confirm.
o SH Cranes Seating Times: 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m.
o Oak Tree Grill will be serving breakfast from: 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
o Christmas Dinner at the Grill will be served during the hours of: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
o We will only take reservations for the Grill if you have five or more people.
• The last day to order a poinsettia for the Christmas Eve Vespers service is Wednesday, December 8. Forms are available at the Barker Center front desk to place your order.
• Space is still available for the Todd Bogue Magic and Comedy Show on Thursday, December 9. Sign up on the portal or by calling Lisa at ext 1202.
• Time to get into the Holiday spirit and decorate your front door to the theme, Ho, Ho, Home for the Holidays! Sign up on the Portal or call Candace at X1203 to participate. Judges will view and judge all entries on December 14. Resident with decor closest to the theme will win a prize. Only residents that sign up by phone or portal will be eligible to be judged.
• Save the date for a Coffee With Sentrics on Wednesday, December 8 at 2 p.m. Questions can be sent in advance to Joy Donovan so that they can be added to the presentation.