The Volusia County Positivity Rate is 18.5% for the week of February 4 through February 10.
- We currently have 2 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation
- We currently have 6 residents in quarantine
- We currently have 12 residents in quarantine at MO (potential exposure to a positive staff or resident)
- We currently have 3 employees that have tested positive
- 2 Health care
- 1 Non Health Care staff
- We currently have 1 employee potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/on leave
If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, even those that you believe to be allergies, we ask that you quarantine yourself to your home. If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.
- R&R Roofing will be on property starting next week inspecting roofs and making final plans for roof replacements. Residents will see representatives from R&R Roofing walking the campus as well as accessing roof tops for inspections. The roofers will be on the south side of the Village in the areas along Majestic Oaks Court, Sweetgum Court, Sweetgum Drive and Nasturtium Court.
- If you missed one of the Ad Valorem signing parties, please stop by main reception next week from 9 a.m. to noon or 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. to sign your Ad Valorem. The deadline to sign your Ad Valorem is Friday, February 18. Anyone that has not signed their Ad Valorem before February 18 will be billed $1,000.
- We anticipate the repairs to the Florabunda Pond Fountain to be complete around February 18.
Events and Activities:
- If you have not toured the Valencia Landing Clubhouse, there is still an opportunity to sign up. Please contact Candace DeGiovine at CDeGiovine@johnknox.com or call X1203 to reserve a spot on next week’s tours.
- Join us for the next Therapy Talk on Wednesday, February 16 at 10 a.m. on Fall Prevention. Seating in the auditorium will be limited. The presentation will also be available live on Knox TV.
- The next Live Chat with Joe will be held on Thursday, February 17 at 9:30 a.m.
Protect yourself from the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wear a mask anytime you are in a resident area as well as anytime you are in the same area as residents. The mask should cover your mouth and your nose at all times.