The Volusia County Positivity Rate is 29.77% for the week of January 7 – January 13.
- We have 0 residents that are hospitalized related to COVID-19
- We currently have 5 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation in independent living
- We currently have 6 residents in quarantine in Independent Living
- We are monitoring 11 addresses in Independent Living for potential exposure or symptom development
- We have 2 residents in IL that have recovered from COVID-19 since our last update
- We have had 0 residents pass away due to COVID-19 since our last update
- We have 2 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation at MO
- We currently have 106 residents in quarantine at MO
- We current have 1 resident in quarantine at OV
- We currently have 4 residents at MO on isolation
- We currently have 0 residents at OV on isolation
- We have 2 residents at MO that have recovered from COVID-19
- We have had 0 residents pass away from COVID-19 since our last update
- We currently have 36 employees that have tested positive
- 9 Health care
- 5 Health care support staff (not providing direct care)
- 22 Non Health Care staff
- We currently have 26 employees potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/on leave
- We have 1 staff member currently hospitalized with COVID-19
What is the Difference between Isolation and Quarantine?
- Isolation separates sick people (COVID positive) with a contagious disease from people who are not sick.
- Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick.
Residents placed under isolation or quarantine should remain in their homes for the duration of quarantine/isolation. Both isolation and quarantine are also restricted from shopping, walking outside, talking to neighbors in person and will have their meals delivered to them. Quarantine lasts for a period of 5 days and a COVID test will be administered on day 6. If on day 6, the resident has not developed symptoms and the test is negative, they will be released from quarantine and asked to continue self-monitoring for a period of 14 days. Someone on isolation has a positive COVID diagnosis and will be isolated for a period of 10 days per the CDC guidance.
Protect yourself from the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wear a mask anytime you are in a resident area as well as anytime you are in the same area as residents. The mask should cover your mouth and your nose at all times.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, even those that you believe to be allergies, we ask that you quarantine yourself to your home. Please use caution when moving about the village and the community by performing frequent hand hygiene, maintaining social distancing, and utilizing a mask that covers your nose and mouth. If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.
- Staging for the cottage roof replacement project will begin next week.
- In preparation for transitioning to Sentrics, if you have an email address provided through Spectrum, you will need to create a new email account.
It’s important to know that Spectrum may cancel your email the day of or 60 days after the deactivation of your account. Since there is no guarantee, of how long your email would be active, consider making the change now. Once you have created your new email account, contact Joy Donovan at JDonovan@johnknox.com or Candace DeGiovine at CDeGiovine@johnknox.com in order to update your contact information with VAL.
Follow the steps and links on the Portal under Important Links to choose and set up a free email account with one of these providers:
- Gmail provided by Google
- Outlook provided by Bing
- Hotmail provided by Microsoft
- Yahoo provided by Yahoo
- iCloud provided by Apple
Events and Activities:
- The next Live Chat with Joe will be on Thursday, January 20 at 9:30 a.m. Send your questions to:
- Email: JKVLive@JohnKnox.com
- Call: 386-456-1558
- Text: 386-507-4236
- Did you know that music is one of the very few activities that engages the entire brain? The JKV Notables are welcoming new members. If you played an instrument in high school or college, please join us on Thursdays at 12 p.m. in the Barker Center Auditorium. If you want to play but you got rid of your instrument when downsizing, we may be able to help. Contact resident Ray Horton with questions or for more information.