Village Update: Protective Actions Taken
This week we have had several staff members and residents test positive for COVID-19. These staff members have been excluded from work per CDC guidelines. We do not believe there has been any direct exposure to any resident and we are monitoring everyone closely.
The staff exclusions have created additional challenges for our team. We have activated our Emergency Preparedness Plan which includes mitigation strategies to manage staff absences. Please see the attached Emergency Procedure Update from Joseph Trainor with more information on after hours response calls.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, even those that you believe to be allergies, we ask that you quarantine yourself to your home. Please use caution when moving about the village and the community by performing frequent hand hygiene, maintaining social distancing, and utilizing a mask that covers your nose and mouth. If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.
The Volusia County Positivity Rate is 29.44% for the week of December 31-January 6.
- We have 0 residents that are hospitalized related to COVID-19
- We currently have 4 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation in independent living
- We currently have 3 residents in quarantine in Independent Living
- We are monitoring 3 addresses in Independent Living for potential exposure or symptom development
- We have 0 residents in IL that have recovered from COVID-19 since our last update
- We have had 0 residents pass away due to COVID-19 since our last update
- We have 2 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation at MO
- We currently have 113 residents in quarantine at MO
- We current have 1 resident in quarantine at OV
- We currently have 0 residents at MO on isolation
- We currently have 0 residents at OV on isolation
- We have 0 residents at MO that have recovered from COVID-19
- We have had 0 residents pass away from COVID-19 since our last update
- We currently have 35 employees that have tested positive
- 23 Health care
- 2 Health care support staff (not providing direct care)
- 10 Non Health Care staff
- We currently have 18 employees potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/on leave
- We have 1 staff member currently hospitalized with COVID-19
Protect yourself from the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wear a mask anytime you are in a resident area which includes but is not limited to a resident home, dining areas, hallways, activity areas, or any other common area as well as anytime you are in the same area as residents. The mask should cover your mouth and your nose at all times.
- In preparation for transitioning to Sentrics, if you have an email address provided through Spectrum, you will need to create a new email account. Following the deactivation of your Spectrum account, they will also deactivate your email.
It’s important to know that Spectrum may cancel your email the day of or 60 days after the deactivation of your account. Since there is no guarantee, of how long your email would be active, consider making the change now. Once you have created your new email account, contact Joy Donovan at JDonovan@johnknox.com or Candace DeGiovine at CDeGiovine@johnknox.com in order to update your contact information with VAL.
Follow the steps and links on the Portal under Important Links to choose and set up a free email account with one of these providers:
- Gmail provided by Google
- Outlook provided by Bing
- Hotmail provided by Microsoft
- Yahoo provided by Yahoo
- iCloud provided by Apple
- Maintenance will be picking up all strobe lights on Thursday, January 13, 2022 between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. Please have them in or on your mailbox.
Events and Activities:
- The Valencia Landing Open House previously scheduled for January 13 has been postponed.
- The next Live Chat with Joe will be on Thursday, January 20 at 9:30 a.m.