Protective Actions Taken
July 16, 2020 4:00 p.m.
Dining has resumed in SH Cranes and Oak Tree Grill at 50% dining room capacity. Changes to menus and daily specials will take effect on July 20.
For dining reservations for either location, call 775-3840 extension 1307. See the portal for more information on menus and daily specials.
Beginning July 20, meal pickup at the Barker Center will follow a new single lane. You will now be directed to go right around the parking lot and into the entry circle. Barricades will be in place with the new route. Residents picking up meals in golf carts will pick up on the hour and residents in cars will pick up on the half-hour.
Meal orders for pickup will continue to be placed on the portal or by calling 775-3840 extension 1306. Apartment Delivery will continue to be 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Visitation outside and inside the Village:
Option One – Visitation outside the Village (Friends and Family Plan)
• Family & Friends
• No contact with residents on JKV Campus
• Strong recommendation to use mask outside the village
• Strong recommendation to use hand sanitizer for hands
• Must follow guidelines
• May go shopping and go to doctor’s appointments
• Must share with neighbors your selection
• Must track activity everyday
• Must provide own transportation for shopping and doctor’s appointments
Option Two – Visitation inside the Village (Intra Village Plan)
• JKV Residents
• No outside visitors
• No in person contact with outside for more than 15 minutes
• May go shopping and to doctors office visits
• Must use mask
• Must use hand sanitizer for hands
• Must follow guidelines
• Must track exposure everyday
If you decide to change from Option 1 (Outside Visitation/ Friends and Family Plan) to Option 2 (Inside Visitation/ Intra Village Plan), you must:
• Quarantine yourself for 14 days
• Notify us of your change in selection
• Receive approval to be removed from quarantine
Tune in to Knox TV on July 29 at 9 a.m. for a Coffee With on Cyber Security moderated by Scott Sanders, IT Supervisor.
Be on the lookout for the Resident Satisfaction Survey coming this September.
Our Eco Save project is well under way. To date, we have:
- Installed the ozone system in the laundry
- Installed two Variable Frequency Drives at the water plant
- Installed optimized thermostat controls at Oak Park
- Converted bathroom lights blubs in cottages and apartments to LED
Items to be worked on in include:
- Solar system installation in July
- Variable Frequency Drive for AHU-2 in July
- Roof replacement at Majestic Oaks
- Lighting protection for the Commons buildings
Please visit the resident portal for the most up to date information on JKV services.
If you are not feeling well, regardless of the symptoms, please contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.
Please continue to wash your hands frequently and thoroughly. Avoid touching your face, and make sure to clean and wipe down frequently touched surfaces, and maintain a safe distance of 6 feet between you and others. All staff, care givers, vendors, and residents should wear a mask when in resident areas as well as when you are in the same area as other residents. The mask should cover your mouth and your nose at all times