July 23, 2021, 4:00 p.m.
Volusia County Positivity Rate Ending 7.15.2021– 16.5% (New Cases)
- Testing at Majestic Oaks is 2x per week
- Currently have 6 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation
- Currently 0 residents are hospitalized related to COVID -19
- Currently 0 residents potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine
- Currently have 0 residents have passed due to COVID-19 since our last update
- Currently 5 employees have tested positive
- Currently 3 employees potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/leave
We will continue to offer a vaccination clinic to residents and staff. Residents that have not received a vaccine or staff over the age of 18 wanting to receive a COVID-19 vaccination should contact Nicole Vega at extension 1022 as soon as possible. Our goal is to have a 75% vaccination rate for staff.
Protect yourself and others from the spread of COVID-19 regardless of whether you have been vaccinated.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick and avoid contact with people in poor health.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
To view the map of Florida hot spots featured in this week’s Live Chat with Joe, visit: https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/map/florida
If you are not feeling well for any reason, or are exhibiting signs or symptoms of any illness including COVID-19:
- Call the resident nurse at extension 1407
- Do not visit the dining rooms
- Do not visit common areas
- Do not participate in recurring games or activities
- Do not participate in any other planned activities
- Do not visit or volunteer in Majestic Oaks or Oak View Suites.
Visitation is still restricted to resident units. Visitors are not allowed in common areas. This includes walking around the community and the dog park.
The old library area (next to the Scoop) will be closed starting 7/23/2021 until 8/6/2021 for refurbishment.
The Pharmacy lobby at Oak Park will reopen on August 16.
Meal delivery will cease on August 2. If you need meal delivery, contact Home Health at extension 1402 to make arrangements. A delivery fee will apply.
Pricing changes will be taking place to John Knox Villages Private Home Health services. For more information, contact Home Health.
Companion Services – Starting at $26.00/hour*
- Meal preparation & clean up
- Organize closets & drawers
- Mending and limited sewing
- Reading, writing and mailing letters
- Light housekeeping
- Linen change, laundry and ironing
- Assistance with on line shopping or putting away delivery
- Care of house plants
- Casual cosmetic assistance (brushing hair, assistance with makeup, filing and polishing nails)
Pet Care –Starting at $15/per half hour visit
- Includes food and water, walking, cat box care
Menu Assistance and Meal Delivery** – starting at $5.00/per delivery
- Includes 1 time a week menu assistance
- Additional menu assistance available for additional cost
Home Health Aides/Certified Nursing Assistants – starting at $30.00/hour*
- Personal care-incontinence care
- Physical assistance with transfers and ambulation
- Assist to medical appointments
- Personal Fitness Program (Separate Service Agreement and Initial Physical Therapy Assessment Required)
Home Health Aide visits minimum of 1 hour. Assistance with medical appointments minimum of 2 hours.