The Volusia County Positivity Rate was 2.8% for the week ending March 10.
Resident COVID-19 Data:
- We have 0 resident(s) positive for COVID-19 in isolation at Majestic Oaks
- We currently have 0 resident(s) in quarantine at Majestic Oaks
- We have 0 resident(s) positive for COVID-19 in isolation at Oak View
- We currently have 0 resident(s) in quarantine at Oak View
- We have had 0 resident(s) pass away from COVID-19 since our last update
Staff COVID-19 Data:
- We currently have 0 employee(s) that have tested positive
- 0 Healthcare
- 0 Healthcare support (non–direct care)
- 0 Non-Healthcare
- We currently have 0 employees potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/ on leave
- We currently have 385/482 employees vaccinated = 79.8%
- We currently have 159/385 boosted & vaccinated = 41.3%
If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, even those that you believe to be allergies, we ask that you quarantine yourself to your home. If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.
- R&R Roofing will commence the roofing work on Ivy Court, Sweetgum Court, and Sweetgum Drive on Monday, March 21. Please have your driveways clear between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. This will ensure we have the space we need to get trailers and equipment close to your home while they are working. The work schedule is subject to change based on rain or the high probability of rain. We will provide additional updates as the roofing project progresses in your area.
- John Knox Village will be open once again for guests in common areas and dining venues beginning, Monday, March 21. Residents must accompany their guests around campus.
- If you or your guests are not feeling well, stay home
- Overnight guests are permitted with approval for limited stay times. Guest units will be available starting, Monday, May 2. Contact Tina in administration to reserve a room.
- There is currently no limit on group activity size. If participants are not feeling well they are advised to excuse themselves from an activity.
- Curbside dining will continue to be an option for residents that would like to continue with the service.
- Valencia Landing Updates:
- The pool is now open. The pool gates will be unlocked daily from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Dining is scheduled to open on Thursday, March 24.
- The Bistro is scheduled to begin service on Monday, March 28.
- All other amenities at the Valencia Landing Clubhouse are now open!
Events and Activities:
- Starting March 15, pickleball times will be Tuesday mornings at 9:30 a.m. and Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m.
- Beginners Line Dancing class will begin on Wednesday, March 23 at 10 a.m. in the Barker Center. No experience is needed.
- JKV Tennis Play for Seniors is looking for residents interested in playing round-robin-style games Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Contact Lori Brakeman or dot Hosterman for more information.
- A four-week Beginners Billiards Class will start on Tuesday, March 15 at 10:30 in the Billiards Room. The classes will be taught by current or past champions of JKV Billiards. Sign up on the portal.
- Registration is open for the Masters’ Golf Tournament sponsored by the Employee Appreciation Fund Committee. The tournament tees off on Friday, April 1. Sign up on the portal or call ext. 1203 for a Tee-Time. You won’t want to miss the tournament or the Par-Tee at Valencia Landing following the final rounds on April 8.