COVID-19 Community Update:
The Volusia County Positivity rate is currently 6.63%
- We have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation
- We have 0 residents that are hospitalized related to COVID-19
- We currently have 0 residents potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine
- We have had 0 residents pass away due to COVID-19 since our last update
- We currently have 0 employee that has tested positive
- We currently have 0 employees potentially exposed to COVID-19 on leave
We have started using our new automated call system, the Village Alert Line. An opt-in text message will be sent on Tuesday, June 1 to all residents utilizing a cellphone to receive messages. The text message will ask you to text the word ALERT to a number provided in the text, or to reply back with ALERT in order to continue receiving text message alerts from John Knox Village.
Incoming phone calls will play a brief tone, followed by a message to “Stand by for a message from the Village Alert Line.”
Effective Tuesday, June 1, 2021, John Knox Village will resume overnight guests with approval. Please contact Nicole Vega, RN, Director of Clinical Services at 386-775-3840 Ext 1022 or 1413 or by email NVega@JohnKnox.com with your request.
- Once approved, the resident is responsible for notification to the gatehouse of upcoming visitors.
- Visitors must still check in at the gatehouse and will be subject to our screening process.
- Overnight guest stays will not exceed 7 days.
- All visitors are restricted to the resident unit and will not be allowed in common areas of campus.
- Visitors may walk dogs directly in front of or behind a unit but may not walk throughout the village.
- Visitors are not permitted in any dining venues at this time.
- Visitors should not come if they are experiencing any symptoms of illness that could be related to COVID-19 including but not limited to fever or chills, shortness of breath, cough, congestion, loss of taste or smell, fatigue, sore throat, nausea, or vomiting.
- Visitor will be required to notify John Knox Village should they experience any of these symptoms or receive notification of a positive COVID 19 test result during their visit or up to 14 days after their visit. Symptoms or positive test results should immediately reported to Nicole Vega, RN, Director of Clinical Services at 386-775-3840 Ext 1022 or 1413.
- Although mask mandates have been lifted, as a reminder, the safest ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to wear a mask when socializing with people not from your immediate household, maintain a 6 foot distance, and frequent hand washing.
There will be no trash pickup on Monday, May 31 for Memorial Day. Trash will be picked up on Tuesday, June 1.
Protect yourself and others by avoiding close contact with people who are sick, wash your hands frequently with soap and water, and wear your mask when in public areas around other people.