Protective Actions Taken
May 7, 2020 4:00 p.m.
• Majestic Oaks will be hosting a car parade on Wednesday, May 13 at 10:30 a.m. The parade will allow family members to drive by Majestic Oaks to see and wave to Majestic Oaks residents. Staging for the parade will begin at approximately 10:15 a.m. along Southlake Drive and Majestic Oaks Court. The parade will last for about one hour. Residents and visitors will be displaying signs with messages to communicate love and share words of encouragement. If you are interested in joining the parade, please contact the Life Enrichment Department at 386.775.2008, extension 2100.
• A similar family parade is being planned for Oak View Suites to take place on Thursday, May 21. More details will be provided as we get closer to the event.
• We are currently making plans to reopen the beauty shop once we have been granted permission to do so by the State of Florida. New policies and procedures will be in place for appointment times, checking in, and waiting for your visit. Details will be shared on the portal.
• We anticipate being able to resume semi-normal operations on or around June 1 with full shifts in all areas. As we return to normal operations, we will continue to practice social distancing in all areas. Possible adjustments to dining room capacities will be made. Operational dates and changes are subject to change based on guidance from the State of Florida.
• As we continue to use caution during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is important to begin to think about the supplies you need for hurricane season which begins on June 1. Make plans to tune in to the next Coffee With on Wednesday, May 27 to learn how to prepare for the upcoming hurricane season.
• If you are not feeling well, regardless of the symptoms, please contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.
• Please continue to wash your hands frequently and thoroughly. Avoid touching your face, and make sure to clean and wipe down frequently touched surfaces.
• Please continue to maintain a safe distance of 6 feet between you and others, stay away from large groups of people and be respectful of other people’s space when walking or riding bikes around the lake.
• If you missed this week’s live Chat with Joe Trainor, you can see the re-broadcast daily at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. on KNOX TV.