The Volusia County Positivity Rate is 5.93% for the week of October 29 – November 4.
- We have 0 residents that are hospitalized related to COVID-19
- We currently have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation
- We currently have 1 residents in quarantine
- We are monitoring 1 addresses for potential exposure or symptom development
- We have 0 residents that have recovered from COVID-19 since our last update
- We have had no residents pass away due to COVID-19 since our last update
- We have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation at MO
- We currently have 0 residents in quarantine at MO (potential exposure to a positive staff or resident)
- We currently have 0 residents in quarantine at OV
- We currently have 0 residents at MO on isolation (testing negative but showing signs and symptoms on one of the impacted units)
- We currently have 0 residents at OV on isolation
- We have 0 residents at MO that have recovered from COVID-19
- We have had 0 resident pass away from COVID-19 since our last update
- We currently have 0 employee that has tested positive
- 0 Health care
- 0 Health care support staff (not providing direct care)
- 0 Non Health Care staff
- We currently have 3 employee potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/on leave
- We have 0 staff members currently hospitalized with COVID-19
Vaccinations as of 10/27/2021:
- We currently have 341 of 476 employees vaccinated for a total of 71.46%.
- We have an additional 12 employees who have completed their first dose bringing the total to 69.29%
- We continue to offer vaccines twice monthly at a minimum
COVID Boosters and Flu Shots:
If you are still in need of a Flu shot or COVID booster (Any brand), contact Nicole at Ext. 1022
Protect yourself from the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.
Events and Activities:
- The next Chat with Joe will be on Thursday, November 18 at 9:30 a.m.
- Employee Appreciation Day is Tuesday, November 23 at 10:30 a.m. in the Barker Center. We still need volunteers to help distribute checks to our Shining Stars from noon until 3:30 p.m. You will be assigned a two hour shift during the time slot. Sign up is on the portal.
- The Turkey Trot 5k will be held on Wednesday, November 24 at 10 a.m. This fun walk/run will start from Oak Park. Sign up with Talina in the Fitness Center.
- As part of the transition to Sentrics/Senior TV, our electrical contractor will continue working on the south side of the Village next week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We will not need to go inside most cottages as originally anticipated. We will be reaching out individually to cottages where we will need to enter in order to bring the power to the outside. Additional locations for electrical work throughout the Village will be posted next week.
- Beware of scammers! Residents have reported receiving emails stating that bills have not been paid and to please call to prevent service disconnection. Fraudsters can try to take advantage of you by phone, email, text or social media. If you think a caller is trying to scam you, hang up. If you get a suspicious email or text, do not reply or click on a link. Even if you initiate the call, be cautious of the information you provide over the phone – ask the person to mail you information. If you see unauthorized payments on your credit card or bank account, you will need to contact the bank or the financial institution to have them reverse the unauthorized charge. For more information on how to protect yourself from fraud, visit: https://www.aarp.org/money/scams-fraud/info-05-2011/protect-yourself-from-telemarketing-fraud.html
- Help our Village avoid wild turkeys:
- Do not feed them – they will lose their fear of people and may become aggressive.
- If you see turkeys that do not move to avoid being near people or pets, haze them (without making physical contact) by:
- Waving your arms or clapping your hands and yelling at them.
- Making loud noises using an air horn or banging pots and pans.
- Spraying with a strong water jet from a hose.
- Waving or swatting at (but not hitting) with a broom.
- Opening a large umbrella while facing them.
- If you plan on having guests, please notify security to have your guest added to the guest list.
- Overnight guests are permitted with approval by administration. Please contact Nicole Vega to register your overnight guest.
- Visitors can walk around campus (outside only) accompanied by a resident.
- Guest are not permitted in dining areas including during the holidays.