Village Update: Protective Actions Taken
November 19, 2021, 4:00 p.m.
The Volusia County Positivity Rate is 5% for the week of November 5 – November 17.
- We have 0 residents that are hospitalized related to COVID-19
- We currently have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation
- We currently have 0 residents in quarantine
- We are monitoring 0 addresses for potential exposure or symptom development
- We have 0 residents that have recovered from COVID-19 since our last update
- We have had 0 residents pass away due to COVID-19 since our last update
- We have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation at MO
- We currently have 1 resident in quarantine at MO (potential exposure to a positive staff or resident)
- We currently have 0 residents in quarantine at OV
- We currently have 0 residents at MO on isolation (testing negative but showing signs and symptoms on one of the impacted units)
- We currently have 0 residents at OV on isolation
- We have 0 residents at MO that have recovered from COVID-19
- We have had 0 resident pass away from COVID-19 since our last update
- We currently have 0 employees that have tested positive
- 0 Health care
- 0 Health care support staff (not providing direct care)
- 0 Non Health Care staff
- We currently have 0 employees potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/on leave
- We have 0 staff members currently hospitalized with COVID-19
Vaccinations as of 11/18/2021:
- We currently have 358 of 503 employees vaccinated for a total of 71.2%.
- We have an additional 13 employees who have completed their first dose bringing the total to 74%
- We continue to offer vaccines twice monthly at a minimum
COVID Boosters and Flu Shots:
If you are still in need of a Flu shot or COVID booster (Any brand), contact Nicole at Ext. 1022
Protect yourself from the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.
Events and Activities:
- Join us for Employee Appreciation Day on Tuesday, November 23 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Barker Center. Residents are invited to stop in any time during the celebration.
- The Turkey Trot 5k will be held on Wednesday, November 24 at 10 a.m. This fun walk/run will start from Oak Park. Sign up with Talina in the Fitness Center.
- Friday, November 26 is the last day to vote on the People’s Choice Photo Contest. The winner will be announced on November 30. See this week’s Village Weekly for more details.
- Visitation – As of October 28, 2021
- Overnight stays are permitted with approval – Limited stay time. Contact Nicole Vega with your request.
- Visitors are not permitted in indoor common areas
- Visitors may walk around campus when accompanied by a resident
- Groups – Group size limited to 50 JKV residents
- Small Groups – leader must use discretion
- People feeling ill, running a temperature should disqualify themselves
- Holidays – No guest utilization of indoor common areas or resident dining venues.
- The open house for the Valencia Landing clubhouse has been postponed until January 13. Look for more details coming soon!
- Save the date for a Coffee With Sentrics on Wednesday, December 8 at 2 p.m. Questions can be sent in advance to Vicki Stein so that they can be added to the presentation.
- As part of the transition to Sentrics/Senior TV, our electrical contractor will continue working on the south side of the Village next Monday – Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We will not need to go inside most cottages as originally anticipated. We will be reaching out individually to cottages where we will need to enter in order to bring the power to the outside. Additional locations for electrical work throughout the Village will be posted next week.
Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!