The Volusia County Positivity Rate is 5.93 for the week of October 29 – November 4.
- We have 0 residents that are hospitalized related to COVID-19
- We currently have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation
- We currently have 0 residents in quarantine
- We are monitoring 0 addresses for potential exposure or symptom development
- We have 0 residents that have recovered from COVID-19 since our last update
- We have had no residents pass away due to COVID-19 since our last update
- We have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation at MO
- We currently have 26 residents in quarantine at MO (potential exposure to a positive staff or resident)
- We currently have 0 residents in quarantine at OV
- We currently have 0 residents at MO on isolation (testing negative but showing signs and symptoms on one of the impacted units)
- We currently have 0 residents at OV on isolation
- We have 0 residents at MO that have recovered from COVID-19
- We have had 0 resident pass away from COVID-19 since our last update
- We currently have 1 employee that has tested positive
- 1 Health care
- 0 Health care support staff (not providing direct care)
- 0 Non Health Care staff
- We currently have 2 employee potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/on leave
- We have 0 staff members currently hospitalized with COVID-19
Vaccinations as of 10/27/2021:
- We currently have 346 of 508 employees vaccinated for a total of 68.1%.
- We have an additional 6 employees who have completed their first dose bringing the total to 69.29%
- We continue to offer vaccines twice monthly at a minimum
COVID Vaccine Boosters and Flu Shots:
Over the last few weeks we have administered 499 Booster vaccines and 319 Flu shots to residents.
Events and Activities:
- Thanksgiving reservations begin on Monday, November 8 at 10 a.m. in the Barker Center. A drop box will be provided for each venue with sign up slips. The drop box will be picked up November 9 at 10 a.m. You will be contacted on November 9 throughout the day to confirm your reservation. Please note there will NOT be an employee taking reservations. You will not need to stand in line. Simply fill out the slip, drop in the box and wait for a call to confirm. Seating times are:
- SH Cranes 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m.
- The Grill will be serving Thanksgiving dinner from 11 a.m.- 5 p.m. Reservations will be taken for the grill for groups of five or more people.
- Employee Appreciation Day is Tuesday, November 23 at 10:30 a.m. in the Barker Center Auditorium. We still need volunteers to help distribute checks to our Shining Stars. Sign up is on the portal.
- The Turkey Trot 5k will be held on Wednesday, November 24 at 10 a.m. This fun walk/run will start from Oak Park. Sign up with Talina in the Fitness Center.
- Join us for a Veterans Day program on Thursday, November 11 at 10 a.m. in the Pavilion.
- Sentrics Service Request Form – We are beginning to collect information from you regarding your current services with either Spectrum or CenturyLink. The form must be completed and signed by the primary person named on the account with Spectrum and/or CenturyLink. The form is available to print from the Portal and is also attached to this email. The form is also available to be picked-up at Main Reception or at the Barker Center. Price details for additional services you may want to add will be available at a later date. Please complete and return the service request form to Main Reception by Friday, November 19. **NOTE: DO NOT DISCONNECT or CANCEL YOUR CURRENT ACCOUNT at this time**.
- As part of the transition to Sentrics/Senior TV, our electrical contractor will need to go inside most cottages to bring power to the outside. We will be starting the electrical work in the following areas starting on Monday, November 8 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The work should take about 45 minutes per cottage. If you plan on being away from your cottage and we do not have permission to enter, please contact maintenance to schedule a time for the contractor to come out to do the work.
- Ivy Court
- Jonquil Court
- Lilac Court
- Maple Court
- Woodland Court
- Westlake Drive
- Sweetgum Drive (west side)
Additional locations for electrical work throughout the Village will be posted next week.
- Wild turkeys have been seen more frequently roaming throughout the Village. Help our Village avoid wild turkeys:
- Do not feed them – they will lose their fear of people and may become aggressive.
- If you see turkeys that do not move to avoid being near people or pets, haze them (without making physical contact) by:
- Waving your arms or clapping your hands and yelling at them.
- Making loud noises using an air horn or banging pots and pans.
- Spraying with a strong water jet from a hose.
- Waving or swatting at (but not hitting) with a broom.
- Opening a large umbrella while facing them.
- It is the policy of John Knox Village that all stakeholders, care givers, and vendors continue to wear a mask. Independent living residents do not need to wear mask at this time.
- If you plan on having guests, please notify security to have your guest added to the guest list.
- Overnight guests are permitted with approval by administration. Please contact Nicole Vega to register your overnight guest.
- Visitors can walk around campus (outside only) accompanied by a resident.
- Guest are not permitted in dining areas including during the holidays.
Protect yourself from the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.