Village Update: Protective Actions Taken
October 1, 2021, 4:00 p.m.
The Volusia County Positivity Rate is 13.3% for the week of Sept 17 through Sept 23.
- We have 0 residents that are hospitalized related to COVID-19
- We currently have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation
- We currently have 4 residents in quarantine
- We are monitoring 0 addresses for potential exposure or symptom development
- We have 0 residents that have recovered from COVID-19 since our last update
- We have had no residents pass away due to COVID-19 since our last update
- We have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation at MO
- We currently have 0 residents in quarantine at MO (potential exposure to a positive staff or resident)
- We current have 0 residents in quarantine at OV
- We currently have 0 residents at MO on isolation (testing negative but showing signs and symptoms on one of the impacted units)
- We currently have 0 residents at OV on isolation
- We have 0 residents at MO that have recovered from COVID-19
- We have had 0 residents pass away from COVID-19 since our last update
- We currently have 2 employees that have tested positive
- 0 Health care
- 0 Health care support staff (not providing direct care)
- 2 Non Health Care staff
- We currently have 1 employees potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/on leave
- We have 0 staff members currently hospitalized with COVID-19
Vaccinations as of 10/1/2021:
- We currently have 327 of 499 employees vaccinated for a 65.5%.
- We have an additional 16 employees who have completed their first dose bringing the total to 68.7%
- We continue to offer vaccines twice monthly at a minimum
COVID Vaccine Boosters and Flu Shots:
- We will be offering Pfizer COVID Boosters and Influenza (FLUAD- Approved 65+ Vaccine) on Thursday October 7 and Friday October 8th.
- Vaccines will be offered from 9 a.m.- 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Sign-ups will be available on the portal or by calling Nicole at Ext 1022
- Please complete the appropriate COVID or Influenza consents available on the portal.
- Please bring your original COVID vaccine card, JKV Vaccine Card, Photo ID, and Medicare or Insurance Card
If you obtained a COVID booster or your flu shot from a non JKV provider, please notify Nicole at ext. 1022.
Events and Activity Updates:
- Due to the COVID Booster/Flu Shot Clinic, the next Live Chat with Joe has been postponed until, Thursday, October 21.
- The JKV Walking Soccer Club starts on Monday, October 4 at 2 p.m. at the Pavilion. Walking soccer is a non-aggressive way to use eye and foot coordination. Call Talina at extension 1250 to find out more information.
- The poker group is looking for new players. If you are interested, contact residents Carlton High or Dick Andree.
- The fourth quarter resident art exhibit is now on display in Bay Dining. Stop by and enjoy the many different forms of art created by our very own residents!
- The following events and activities have resumed:
- Phyllis and Muriel Show – Beginning on Saturday, October 2nd, TTL 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Melodies on the Keys – Beginning on Thursday, October 7th, TTL 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Sunshine Singers – Beginning on Saturday, October 9th, AUD 12:30 – 1:15 p.m.
Protect yourself from the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wear a mask anytime you are in a resident area which includes but is not limited to a resident home, dining areas, hallways, activity areas, or any other common area as well as anytime you are in the same area as residents. The mask should cover your mouth and your nose at all times.
- If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.