The Volusia County Positivity Rate is 6.12% for the week of October 8-October 14.
- We have 0 residents that are hospitalized related to COVID-19
- We currently have 2 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation
- We currently have 1 residents in quarantine
- We are monitoring 5 addresses for potential exposure or symptom development
- We have 0 residents that have recovered from COVID-19 since our last update
- We have had no residents pass away due to COVID-19 since our last update
- We have 3 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation at MO
- We currently have 53 residents in quarantine at MO (potential exposure to a positive staff or resident)
- We current have 0 residents in quarantine at OV
- We currently have 6 residents at MO on isolation (testing negative but showing signs and symptoms on one of the impacted units)
- We currently have 0 residents at OV on isolation
- We have 0 residents at MO that have recovered from COVID-19
- We have had 0 residents pass away from COVID-19 since our last update
- We currently have 1 employee that has tested positive
- 1 Health care
- 0 Health care support staff (not providing direct care)
- 0 Non Health Care staff
- We currently have 4 employees potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/on leave
- We have 0 staff members currently hospitalized with COVID-19
Vaccinations as of 10/15/2021:
- We currently have 334 of 508 employees vaccinated for a total of 65.7%.
- We have an additional 12 employees who have completed their first dose bringing the total to 68.1%
- We continue to offer vaccines twice monthly at a minimum
COVID Vaccine Boosters and Flu Shots:
- We anticipate another shipment of flu vaccines early next week. We will schedule a follow-up clinic to offer boosters and flu shots as soon as we have our supply.
Events and Activity Updates:
- Duke Energy will be conducting work in our area on Thursday, October 21. A power outage will take place from 5 a.m. until approximately noon for select areas of JKV. Areas that will be affected include:
- Audubon Apartments
- Bay Apartments
- Dogwood Court
- Eucalyptus Drive
- North Bougainvillea Court
- North Camellia Court
- Northlake Drive
- South Bougainvillea Court
- South Camellia Court
- Southlake Drive
- Sweetgum Court
- Sweetgum Drive
In anticipation of the planned outage, it is recommended that residents the affected areas:
- Turn down the temperature on your refrigerator and freezer the night before.
- Consider moving perishable items from the fridge to the freezer and make extra ice.
- Keep fridge and freezer doors closed as much as possible.
- Keep one light on so that you know when power returns.
- Do you have a guest coming on campus to see you? We ask that you notify security to have your guest added to the guest list. Guests can be on the list for up to 30 days. Once 30 days are up, you will need to notify security to add them back to the list. Please let all guests know that the pass that is given must be present when entering the Village. Overnight guests are permitted with approval by administration. Please contact Nicole Vega to register your overnight guest. Guests are not permitted in common areas.
- Don’t miss the second round of the Corn Hole Tournament, sponsored by the Employee Appreciation Fund committee, tomorrow, at 9 a.m. at the Pavilion. Cheer on your fellow residents!
Protect yourself from the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wear a mask anytime you are in a resident area which includes but is not limited to a resident home, dining areas, hallways, activity areas, or any other common area as well as anytime you are in the same area as residents. The mask should cover your mouth and your nose at all times.
- If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.