The Volusia County Positivity Rate is 7.32% for the week of October 15-October 21.
• We have 0 residents that are hospitalized related to COVID-19
• We currently have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation
• We currently have 0 residents in quarantine
• We are monitoring 0 addresses for potential exposure or symptom development
• We have 0 residents that have recovered from COVID-19 since our last update
• We have had no residents pass away due to COVID-19 since our last update
• We have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation at MO
• We currently have 0 residents in quarantine at MO (potential exposure to a positive staff or resident)
• We currently have 0 residents in quarantine at OV
• We currently have 0 residents at MO on isolation (testing negative but showing signs and symptoms on one of the impacted units)
• We currently have 0 residents at OV on isolation
• We have 0 residents at MO that have recovered from COVID-19
• We have had 0 resident pass away from COVID-19 since our last update
• We currently have 0 employee that has tested positive
• 0 Health care
• 0 Health care support staff (not providing direct care)
• 0 Non Health Care staff
• We currently have 0 employee potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/on leave
• We have 0 staff members currently hospitalized with COVID-19
Vaccinations as of 10/27/2021:
• We currently have 346 of 508 employees vaccinated for a total of 68.1%.
• We have an additional 6 employees who have completed their first dose bringing the total to 69.29%
• We continue to offer vaccines twice monthly at a minimum
COVID Vaccine Boosters and Flu Shots:
Thank you to everyone that joined us for the Flu and COVID booster shots on October 28 and 29.
• It is the policy of John Knox Village that all stakeholders, care givers, and vendors continue to wear a mask. Independent living residents do not need to wear mask at this time.
• If you plan on having guests, please notify security to have your guest added to the guest list.
• Overnight guests are permitted with approval by administration. Please contact Nicole Vega to register your overnight guest.
• Visitors can walk around campus (outside only) accompanied by a resident.
• Guest are not permitted in dining areas including during the holidays.
• Camper parking will be discontinued as of January 1, 2022.
• Group sizes for events and activities are limited to 40 JKV residents at this time.
• Monthly Service fees will be increasing by 2.5% for 2022. If you choose to pay your monthly service fees by credit card, a 3.0% processing fee will be charged beginning in 2022. JKV will charge what it costs us to process credit cards. If you choose to pay by ACH or debit card, there will not be a charge.
Protect yourself from the spread of COVID-19:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick.
• Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.