The Volusia County Positivity Rate is 10.5% for the week of Sept 24 through Sept 30.
- We have 0 residents that are hospitalized related to COVID-19
- We currently have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation
- We currently have 2 residents in quarantine
- We are monitoring 0 addresses for potential exposure or symptom development
- We have 0 residents that have recovered from COVID-19 since our last update
- We have had no residents pass away due to COVID-19 since our last update
- We have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation at MO
- We currently have 0 residents in quarantine at MO (potential exposure to a positive staff or resident)
- We current have 0 residents in quarantine at OV
- We currently have 0 residents at MO on isolation (testing negative but showing signs and symptoms on one of the impacted units)
- We currently have 0 residents at OV on isolation
- We have 0 residents at MO that have recovered from COVID-19
- We have had 0 residents pass away from COVID-19 since our last update
- We currently have 0 employees that have tested positive
- 0 Health care
- 0 Health care support staff (not providing direct care)
- 0 Non Health Care staff
- We currently have 6 employees potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/on leave
- We have 0 staff members currently hospitalized with COVID-19
Vaccinations as of 10/8/2021:
- We currently have 331 of 501 employees vaccinated for a total of 66%.
- We have an additional 11 employees who have completed their first dose bringing the total to 68%
- We continue to offer vaccines twice monthly at a minimum
COVID Vaccine Boosters and Flu Shots:
- During the last two days we offered Pfizer booster shots and Flu shots.
- For Independent Living-We administered a total of 450 injections.
- 211 COVID Boosters
- 239 Influenza Vaccines
- OV has completed 20 COVID Boosters
- Majestic Oaks is currently completing their Influenza vaccines and will begin their boosters early next week.
If you obtained a COVID booster or your flu shot from a non JKV provider or shot clinic, please notify Nicole at ext. 1022.
Events and Activity Updates:
- Headshots for the resident portal will be taken on Monday, October 18 from 1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. in the Ping pong room. Sign up is available on the resident portal if you would like a new photo.
- The JKV Walking Soccer Club is looking for residents to join the fun. The group meets Mondays and Thursdays at 2 p.m. at the Pavilion. Call Talina at extension 1250 to find out more information.
- Stop by the Centre on Wednesday, October 13 at 3 p.m. to view the winners of the fourth resident photo contest.
- Don’t miss the Corn Hole Tournament, sponsored by the Employee Appreciation Fund committee, tomorrow, October 9 at 9 a.m. at the Pavilion. Cheer on your fellow residents!
- The fourth quarter resident art exhibit is now on display in Bay Dining. Stop by and enjoy the many different forms of art created by our very own residents!
- The date for the 2nd Annual Employee/Resident Halloween parade has changed. The parade will now take place on Friday, October 29 at 10 a.m. The parade route will be included in the October 22nd Village Weekly.
Protect yourself from the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wear a mask anytime you are in a resident area which includes but is not limited to a resident home, dining areas, hallways, activity areas, or any other common area as well as anytime you are in the same area as residents. The mask should cover your mouth and your nose at all times.
If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension