The Volusia County Positivity Rate is 6.12% for the week of October 8-October 14.
• We have 0 residents that are hospitalized related to COVID-19
• We currently have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation
• We currently have 0 residents in quarantine
• We are monitoring 0 addresses for potential exposure or symptom development
• We have 2 residents that have recovered from COVID-19 since our last update
• We have had no residents pass away due to COVID-19 since our last update
• We have 0 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation at MO
• We currently have 60 residents in quarantine at MO (potential exposure to a positive staff or resident)
• We current have 0 residents in quarantine at OV
• We currently have 0 residents at MO on isolation (testing negative but showing signs and symptoms on one of the impacted units)
• We currently have 0 residents at OV on isolation
• We have 2 residents at MO that have recovered from COVID-19
• We have had 1 resident pass away from COVID-19 since our last update
We currently have 1 employee that has tested positive
• 1 Health care
• 0 Health care support staff (not providing direct care)
• 0 Non Health Care staff
• We currently have 1 employee potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/on leave
• We have 0 staff members currently hospitalized with COVID-19
Vaccinations as of 10/22/2021:
• We currently have 319 of 471 employees vaccinated for a total of 67.7%.
• We have an additional 10 employees who have completed their first dose bringing the total to 69.85%
• We continue to offer vaccines twice monthly at a minimum
COVID Vaccine Boosters and Flu Shots:
Watch the portal for the next Flu Shot Clinic anticipated for next week.
Events and Activity Updates:
• Create a pumpkin masterpiece. Pick up a pumpkin from Lisa at the Barker Center to decorate, carve or paint. Once completed, bring it back to the Barker Center for a chance to win a special treat from the Scoop!
• Patricia Kacso will be presenting a Coffee With on Wednesday, October 27 live on Knox TV at 9 a.m. on Inpatient and Outpatient Therapy. Call, text or email your questions during the presentation:
o Email: JKVLive@johnknox.com
o Call: 386-456-1558
o Text: 386-507-4236
• The next Chat with Joe will be held on Thursday, October 28 at 9:30 a.m.
• Join us for the Halloween Parade on Friday, October 29. The parade will start at 10 a.m. from Oak Park Senior Services Center.
• There will be no fitness classes after 9:30 a.m. on Friday, October 29.
• Do you have a guest coming on campus to see you? We ask that you notify security to have your guest added to the guest list. Guests can be on the list for up to 30 days. Once 30 days are up, you will need to notify security to add them back to the list. Please let all guests know that the pass that is given must be present when entering the Village.
• Overnight guests are permitted with approval by administration. Please contact Nicole Vega to register your overnight guest.
• Guests are not permitted in common areas or dining venues.
• Wear a mask anytime you are in a resident area which includes but is not limited to a resident home, dining areas, hallways, activity areas, or any other common area as well as anytime you are in the same area as residents. The mask should cover your mouth and your nose at all times.
Protect yourself from the spread of COVID-19:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick.
• Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.