The Volusia County Positivity Rate is 26.8% for the week of January 21 – January 27.
- We currently have 1 resident positive for COVID-19 in isolation in independent living
- We are monitoring 1 address in Independent Living for potential exposure or symptom development
- We currently have 2 employees that have tested positive
- 2 Health care
- 0 Non Health Care staff
- We currently have 3 employees potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/on leave
If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, even those that you believe to be allergies, we ask that you quarantine yourself to your home. If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.
The recent cold snap has had an effect on our grounds plant material. Starting next week the grounds department will be cleaning up all frost damage by cutting back the browned out material.
Events and Activities:
- Ad Valorem signing parties will be held on Wednesday, February 9 between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. and on Thursday, February 10 from 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Your personalized form will be available for your notarized signature. We request that you attend the session you previously signed up for when you submitted your Ad Valorem information.
- Throughout next week, we will be offering tours of the Valencia Landing Clubhouse to residents who had previously signed up for a tour. You will receive your date and time by email. We ask that you confirm your attendance to Candace DeGiovine at CDeGiovine@johnknox.com or call X1203.
Transportation to the tours will be provided on the JKV bus and will depart from the Barker Center. Please arrive approximately 10 minutes prior to your tour time. We ask that residents do not drive on Valencia Landing as it is still a construction site. Anyone not arriving on the scheduled JKV bus will be directed back to the Barker Center. Tours will be approximately 20 minutes long.
If you have not signed up for a tour, contact Resident Services at x1202.
- Save the date for our next Therapy Talk on Wednesday, February 16 at 10 a.m. on Fall Prevention. Seating in the auditorium will be limited. The presentation will also be available live on Knox TV.
Protect yourself from the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wear a mask anytime you are in a resident area as well as anytime you are in the same area as residents. The mask should cover your mouth and your nose at all times.