The Volusia County Positivity Rate was 10.2% for the week ending February 17.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, even those that you believe to be allergies, we ask that you quarantine yourself to your home. If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.
Effective Monday, February 28, we will be removing the mask mandate for staff members working in Independent Living areas only. Staff members working in health care settings such as Oak View Suites, Majestic Oaks, Home Health, and the Clinic will still follow our current mask policy.
This change only affects the wearing of masks. At this time, guests and visitors are still not permitted in common areas.
Protect yourself from Medicare fraud. Guard your Medicare card like it’s a credit card.
- Medicare will NEVER contact you for your Medicare Number or other personal information unless you’ve given them permission in advance.
- Medicare will NEVER call you to sell you anything.
- You may get calls from people promising you things if you give them a Medicare Number. Don’t do it.
- Medicare will never visit you at your home.
- Medicare can’t enroll you over the phone unless you called first.
Report anything suspicious to Medicare. If you suspect fraud, call 1-800-MEDICARE.
Events and Activities:
- Phyllis Dale will be returning to the Tree Top Lounge beginning on Thursday, March 3. She will be playing on Thursdays and Saturdays from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- The Valencia Landing Fitness Center will open on Tuesday, March 1, and will be providing transportation to pick up and drop off from the old library at the Centre, weekdays at 8:50 and 10:50 a.m. Contact Talina at extension 1250 to be included on the transportation list.
- The poker group is looking for new players (men and women). The group plays on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 1 p.m. in the Potpourri Corner.