Village Update: Protective Actions Taken
September 3, 2021, 4:00 p.m.
The Volusia County Positivity Rate is 18.6% for the week of Aug 20-August 26.
Events and Activity Updates:
- Holiday Dining Hours for Monday, September 6th:
- H. Cranes: noon to 5 p.m.
- Oak Tree Grill: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The pool chair lift is currently out of order. We will provide an update when it is operational again.
- The Holly Branch Gates are currently operational.
- Corn Hole Tournament practice sessions available on Fridays in September from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Pavilion. Sign up for the tournament begins on September 13th! Don’t know how to play corn hole, but want to play in the tournament? Watch our instructional video on the resident portal: Corn Hole Instructional Video
- The next Chat with Joe is scheduled for Thursday, September 16th at 9:30 a.m.
2021 Resident Satisfaction Survey:
Make sure to complete the 2021 resident satisfaction survey. A link can be found on the Announcement page on the Portal (DO NOT print the survey from the Portal.) A paper copy can be picked up from Main Reception in The Centre or the Activities Desk at the Barker Center. Deadline for completion is Monday, September 6.
- We have 0 residents that are hospitalized related to COVID-19
- We currently have 3 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation
- We currently have 1 resident in quarantine
- We are monitoring 3 addresses for potential exposure or symptom development
- We have 3 residents that have recovered from COVID-19 since our last update
- We have had no residents pass away due to COVID-19 since our last update
- We have 2 residents positive for COVID-19 in isolation at MO
- We currently have 23 residents in quarantine at MO (potential exposure to a positive staff member)
- We current have 12 residents in quarantine at OV
- We currently have 23 resident at MO on isolation (testing negative but showing signs and symptoms on one of the impacted units)
- We currently have 0 residents at OV on isolation
- We have 2 residents at MO that have recovered from COVID-19
- We have had 0 resident pass away from COVID-19 since our last update
- We currently have 8 employees that have tested positive
- 6 Health care
- 0 Health care support staff (not providing direct care)
- 2 Non Health Care staff
- We currently have 17 employees potentially exposed to COVID-19 in quarantine/on leave
- We have 1 staff members currently hospitalized with COVID-19
Vaccinations as of 09/01:
- We currently have 285 of 497 employees vaccinated for a 57.3%.
- We have an additional 12 employees who have completed their first dose bringing the total to 59.7%
- We continue to offer vaccines twice monthly at a minimum
- We completed a total of 269 COVID-19 booster vaccinations for immune compromised residents across all levels of care
Protect yourself from the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wear a mask anytime you are in a resident area which includes but is not limited to a resident home, dining areas, hallways, activity areas, or any other common area as well as anytime you are in the same area as residents. The mask should cover your mouth and your nose at all times.
If you are not feeling well for any reason, contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.