Protective Actions Taken
May 14, 2020 4:00 p.m.
- Oak View Suites will be hosting a car parade on Thursday, May 21 at 10:30 a.m. The parade will allow family members to drive by Oak view Suites to see and wave to Oak View Suites residents. The parade will last for about 45 minutes. Residents and visitors will be displaying signs with messages to communicate love and share words of encouragement. If you are interested in joining the parade, please contact 386.775.3840, extension 1503.
- The beauty shop is now open for appointments. Clients will not be allowed to wait in the shop and are required to wear a mask.
- We anticipate being able to resume semi-normal operations on or around June 1 with full shifts in all areas. As we return to normal operations, we will continue to practice social distancing in all areas. Possible adjustments to dining room capacities will be made. Operational dates and changes are subject to change based on guidance from the State of Florida.
- If you have not been receiving the VOLO wellness calls, please contact Joy Donovan at 775-3840, extension 1028 to confirm or update your contact information. If you do not respond to the wellness calls, we will make personal calls to verify that you are well.
- If you have family members that would like to have an in person wellness check done on your behalf, please notify the gate house to perform the wellness check.
- The Fitness Center and Pool will remain closed until we have been clearance to reopen by the State of Florida.
- As we continue to use caution during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is important to begin to think about the supplies you need for hurricane season which begins on June 1. Make plans to tune in to the next Coffee With on Wednesday, May 27 to learn how to prepare for the upcoming hurricane season.
- If you are not feeling well, regardless of the symptoms, please contact the resident nurse at extension 1407.
- Please continue to wash your hands frequently and thoroughly. Avoid touching your face, and make sure to clean and wipe down frequently touched surfaces.
- Please continue to maintain a safe distance of 6 feet between you and others, stay away from large groups of people and be respectful of other people’s space when walking or riding bikes around the lake.
- If you missed this week’s live Chat with Joe Trainor, you can see the re-broadcast daily at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. on KNOX TV.