Adapting to the journey to empower each person
Our innovative memory care program places your loved ones at the center, ensuring they feel a true sense of belonging and purpose while honoring their unique interests and preferences. Our goal is to make each day the best possible day, meeting them where they are in their cognitive abilities, so we can adjust expectations and adapt care to elevate their daily experiences.
Amenities and Services
- Majestic Oaks offers 45 private and semi-private furnished suites
- Two secure, beautifully landscaped courtyards
- Full-service pharmacy
- On-site clinic with visiting doctors
- Care staff on duty 24/7
- A full calendar of structured activities and events, including our Music & Memory® program
- Full-time social director and activities coordinator
- Special validation areas, including a dressmaker’s nook, garage/workshop, beauty shop, sports room, music area, general store, nursery and schoolroom
- Three chef-prepared meals daily
- Housekeeping and laundry service
- All utilities, cable TV and landline telephone included
Every dementia journey is unique
Specially trained staff and carefully designed apartments and common spaces create a secure, supportive environment for residents living with Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia. Our individualized approach to memory care encourages independence and social engagement by adapting to each resident’s needs.
Our program focuses on fostering dignity and a sense of achievement in everyday activities, enhancing self-worth, self-esteem and overall health and well-being, and minimizing feelings of fear, anxiety and frustration.
We understand how dementia can profoundly affect families, and we know that they need support too. Our primary goal is to nurture residents’ relationships with their loved ones while encouraging meaningful new connections with caregivers and their neighbors.
Special training, special care
Our professional memory care staff are specially trained and certified to work with residents who are living with dementia. Their certifications include:
- National Certification Council for Activity Professionals (NCCAP)
- Activity Director Certified (ADC)
- National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (NCCDP)
- Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP)
- Certified Dementia Care Manager (CDCM)
- Certified Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Trainer (CADDCT)
- International Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (ICCDP)
- Certified Montessori Dementia Care Professional (CMDCP)
- Music & Memory® Certified Care Community/Organization
Majestic Oaks is recognized as one of the best in the nation in Newsweek’s annual survey of skilled nursing centers.
Oak View Suites provides round-the-clock access to personal support – like managing meds, bathing, dressing, and dining, so you can live life on your own terms.
We’re here to help.
If you’d like to schedule a personal tour or to learn more about life at John Knox Village, our senior living experts are available to answer your questions and provide expert advice. Fill out our contact form or call us at (800) 344-4504.
"*" indicates required fields