Home Health Care in Orange City
For care, there’s no place like home.
For residents and Volusia County seniors who need a bit of assistance with activities of daily living and are able to stay in their homes, John Knox Village Home Health is a fully licensed in-home care agency providing both skilled and non-skilled home health care.
Private home health
Our Medicare-certified senior care program offers services provided by registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, home health aides and companions, as well as physical, occupational and speech therapists.
Home health skilled care includes:
- Skilled nursing
- Occupational, physical and speech therapy
- Medication management with pharmacy
- Nutritional counseling and meal planning
- Escorts for doctors’ appointments
Non-skilled health aides provide services, including:
- Personal care
- Pet care and walking
- Accompaniment to doctors’ appointments
- Light housekeeping and meal preparation
- Personal shopping
- Other types of home care assistance that may be needed
If we can answer any questions about home health care, please contact us at the bottom of the page.
Frequently asked questions about home health care.
Professional home health care services include a broad range of care and support services for individuals recovering from a hospital stay or who need medical, nursing, social, or therapeutic treatment and/or assistance with the essential activities of daily living.
Many individuals need home health care services, including:
- Older individuals who have health problems but want to maintain their independence in their homes with the support of a professional caregiver
- Individuals 65 and older who return home after surgery and need care, supervision or assistance with daily living activities
- Individuals who have complex treatments that require use of medical equipment and/or medication monitoring
- Adults who want their parents to have quality care at home
No, hospitalization is not a requirement to qualify for home health care services. Many recipients of our home health care services are referred by their personal physicians.
Some examples of home health range from providing skilled nursing and therapy at home to taking someone to the doctor or shopping, assisting with bill paying, providing emotional support, and/or assisting with bathing and/or dressing.
Skilled Care: Physician prescription for type & frequency.
Para-professional (HHAs/Companions) may be a part of skilled services.
Private care: Care & Services you request to support you at home. Only requires a call and a service agreement.
Ask your physician if care can be received at home.
State your preference for home health with your medical provider
Interested in Private Duty services? Please give JKV Home Health a call to discuss a complimentary In-Home Assessment.